Sunday, March 20, 2011

Baby, You Can Drive My Car

Jennifer Jo Cobb refuses to start-and-park, quits before race
Well, you can't start-and-park when you don't start, right?

Jennifer Jo Cobb didn't get into the No. 79 car before Saturday's Nationwide Series race at Bristol, saying that she was told by the team 10 minutes before the race that she was to start-and-park the car.

"There were rumblings all week about us start and parking this race," Cobb said. "I have a commitment to my sponsors, my fans, NASCAR that I won't start-and-park. I'm very serious about my career and my performance, and I've worked hard to prove it to everyone. The conversation was never had with me until 10 minutes before the race that I was to start-and-park.
...
The team found Chris Lawson to drive the car. He eventually ran four laps and parked the car.

According to team owner Rick Russell, Cobb knew that the team was starting-and-parking the car early on Friday.

NASCAR is not one of my things.  I've been known to sit around and watch a race or two on a day when it's too windy to fish, but otherwise, well, I guess I just don't really get excited about cars and car racing.  To each his own, I suppose.  What I'm really doing here, of course, is link-whoring, using pretty girls as bait.  Why not?  It's worked in the past....















I'd never heard of "Start and Park" before; as I said, I'm no aficionado, but that does sound kind of cheap.  I hope it doesn't hurt her career in the long run.


Thanks to Pete for the idea.




No comments:

Post a Comment