Friday, June 24, 2011

Michele Obama - "Do As I Say, Not As I Do"

Michelle Obama: 'I can't stop eating French fries. But eat your vegetables.'
During her visit to South Africa, First Lady Michelle Obama stopped by the University of Cape Town for an event with young people. ... But at the end of the session, one young person in the audience asked Mrs. Obama, who has devoted much of her time in the White House to promoting nutrition and healthy eating, what her favorite foods are.

"My favorite?" Obama said. "Oh, this is a tough one. "It is tough, you know, because if I say something not healthy, people will be, like, you aren't really committed to health. If I say something healthy, you know -- I do -- honestly, I like all kinds of foods."

Obama mentioned Indian food, and then Mexican food, and then said: "No, if I picked one favorite, favorite food, it's French fries." The audience began to laugh. "Okay? It's French fries," Obama continued. "I can't stop eating them." As the students laughed more, the First Lady quickly returned to her role as advocate of health eating. "But eat your vegetables," she said, to still more laughs. "And exercise."

It's not wrong to like French Fries.  I like 'em.  But it is wrong to eat them and tell other people not to.  Not exactly Caesar's wife, is she?

No comments:

Post a Comment