Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Ted Finally Shamed Me Into It

I joined the NRA.  Through years of owning and using, and then owning and not using guns, I have avoided joining, because I thought they were doing OK without me.  I accepted the benefit without sharing the cost.  How American is that?

I'd been thinking I should for a few days now.  It's been clear since Newtown that the left is coming for guns, to take away as much as they can before the fervor dies down again, and people realize how little difference gun control will make, and to repeat it with even more fervor the next time the inevitable tragedy happens, claiming that they just need to take a few more rights away this time, and everything will be all right.

Of course it won't.  People will remain people, and horrible stuff will continue to happen despite all efforts to deny them the tools to do so.

Is the NRA the perfect vehicle?  Of course not, but it the strongest one we have now.

If you want to join, you can do it here.

1 comment:

  1. Tomorrow is payday. Katarina gets a Junior Membership before the day is out and Karl will probably get a standard membership at the end of the month.

    I've been slacking a little also.

    ReplyDelete