Saturday, July 19, 2014

Rule 5 Saturday - Fat Chicks Never Forgive, Never Forget - Chrissy Teigen

The subject of this Rule 5 Saturday post brought to my attention by Wombat-socho's "Live at 5: 07.14.14":

'Forever 21 told me I was too fat': Supermodel Chrissy Teigen reveals she was once FIRED from a shoot over her weight
Chrissy Teigen is considered one of the most sought-after supermodels in the fashion industry, but it seems it hasn't always been that way.

The 28-year-old, who is married to John Legend, told DuJour magazine that during a shoot for Forever 21 when she was 'much younger', she was suddenly told to leave because she was 'too fat'.

'I showed up on set and they asked me if they could take a photo,' she recalls. 'And they shoot that photo off to my agency, who then calls me as I'm sitting in the make-up chair, and they say, "You need to leave right now. They just said that you are fat and you need to get your measurements taken."'The five-foot-nine brunette - who has posed for the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition, Vogue, Esquire and Glamour, to name just a few - added bitterly: 'And I hate you, Forever 21. I hate you so much. Honestly, you're the worst.'
As Bob Dylan once said "man, you must be puttin' me on."

Teigen was born in Delta, Utah. She is the daughter of a Norwegian father and a Thai mother. . .After living in Hawaii, Idaho and Seattle, Washington, the family settled in Huntington Beach, California when Teigen was a teenager. She was discovered by a photographer while working in a surf shop.
A nicely rounded all American girl.

GOODSTUFF is strutting Jayne Mansfield's stuff this week in his 148th edition. Wombat-socho has the great weekly Rule 5 Sunday post "Electric Avenue" up at The Other McCain on time and under budget.

















1 comment: